Monday, September 12, 2011

Figures.

Tomorrow is departure day...I'm not sure whether to mark that sentence with a period or an exclaimation mark. Yes, I'm extremely excited to go to Hawaii, then Detroit, then Scotland. But at the same time, I've been home for so long that I've gotten back into my routine. I've gotten used to having my car at my dispense. I've grown accustomed to waking up at 9:00am, making coffee, eating breakfast, checking email...all very, very leisurly. I'm attached to my roommate's dog...this is a big deal for those who know me and know that I'm not reaaaaaally a dog person! We've spent lots of time together, taking walks, playing fetch, being lazy and doing really not much of anything. I can't help that I've fallen for her, she's so cute when she comes up to me while I'm eating breakfast,sets her head in my lap and looks up at me with sleep in her eyes! I'm going to miss her, she keeps me from being lonely and I hate being lonely. I'll miss other things too, other people, other comforts...it pretty much figures that as soon as I want to be home, they send me out again.

However, with every job comes good things and bad things, even jobs like mine that seem to be the greatest job in the world (and don't get me wrong, I do believe it is the greatest job in the world, I'm just still learning to accept the bad). So tomorrow will mark the start of a whirlwind of craziness; a month and a half with only 4 days to call my own! I'm ready for it, bring it on, because Lord knows I love craziness!

So to re-state, in a more decisive manner..."Tomorrow is departure day!!!!" And now, I have to pack. (Notice, that is a period, NOT an exclaimation point)

No comments:

Post a Comment